[Coco] New CoCo3.com

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Mar 27 16:02:10 EDT 2007

At 02:35 PM 3/27/2007, you wrote:
>Screenshots???

Just imagine the gray border lines that several people have
mentioned, including myself, because they are there, for whatever
reason (operating system differences, browser preferences or version,
etc.).  I see them where IE colors them the color you specify for the
table cell borders.  I grabbed the latest Firefox last week and it
did an auto update a few days ago.  Actually, the previous coco3.com
theme had more of the gray borders, but Nuke's formatting does away
with a lot of it.

1280x1024) are very slightly _lower_ in IE6. That's the *only* difference I
>can see; and visually both are stunning.

Thank you.  I did receive several requests to improve the header
graphic because the contrast appears too low for some monitors.  This
is typical of LCD monitors when you're viewing them from different
heights (direct head on, sitting too low in your chair, or higher
than usual, etc.)  I'm working on the new graphic today.

>Which flavor/version? There's more branches to PHP-Nuke then Carter has
>little liver pills... ;-)

The stock version 7.9.  I did this so I can add my own mods, since
I'm into PHP/MySQL.  Many things are possible, but I want to aim new
features at helping the CoCo community share files, source code,
software, and talk.  So expect there to be a push for the programmers
to develop something new.  I started with CCASM, Portal-9, the
Rainbow IDE, and I'll now work on adding open-source projects to the
site that integrates with the Rainbow IDE in a way unlike CVS and the
pains that go along with some forms of group programming.

You should literally be able to open up the Rainbow IDE, click a few
buttons to import one of the latest projects being worked on, then
click Build and SEE the software running within 10 seconds.  Anything
else is for the birds, and a thing of the past, but I'm speaking from
the future tense since I plan to make this happen, and happen it will.

> >By the way, like I was telling Mary who commented on the nice rainbow
> >image in the header... the rainbow is actually real, from a detailed
> >photograph.
>
>Very nice. I must say that personally, the 'search' function got a little
>too lost for me with all the alphablended stuff around (I actually noticed
>the white box with "whathaheckizat?" going thru my mind long before I
>noticed the 'search' string above it) =-=-= It's pretty, and I'm not saying
>change it, but _for me_ it gave me a double-take. However, I'm a CLI guy &
>my favorite game is _still_ Rogue...

Can't pleas'em all.  :)

>Also, do we need to rebuild user accounts?

Well, here's the scoop, which nobody will read since it's at the
bottom of this long message. :)
Currently, there are 3 separate accounts on CoCo3.com.  NO, I don't
like it, and I'm working hard to integrate everything into one account.
The CoCo Forums, CoCo Gallery, and main site, are separate systems,
huge packages, and not compatible yet.  So I've pulled a trick and
just framed the gallery and forums into the site layout.  This will
cause many feedback messages and headaches.  I realize that and it's
why I'm working on merging it all into one "Beautimous" site with one
optional login account.

--
Roger Taylor