[Coco] Help with RGB cable

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Mon Mar 26 09:15:04 EDT 2007

No problem - I joined this list seeking help finding documentation, and
if I can provide any help to anyone (you fine folks really came through
for me), then I shall do so. I would definately trust Robert Gaults
advice over mine though. About the 1084 - If I remember correctly,
commodore monitors were made by Magnavox. I have repaired several in
the past that had cold solder joints due to heat build up, so it is
important to use the stand under the front of the monitor to lift it up
and allow circulation. If a mag/commodore monitor exibits flaky
behavior, such as sometimes the screen just goes black, then it may be
suffering from cold solder joints. However, attempting the repair can
be dangerous, as there are lethal voltages inside. -r