[Coco] Help with RGB cable

coco at yourdvd.net coco at yourdvd.net
Mon Mar 26 07:31:40 EDT 2007

Unless I am mistaken, The Apple II GS monitor requires a composite sync
while the coco 3 outputs individual horizontal and vertical sync. You
can generate this by using a 74LS02. Connect the CoCo's H and V syncs
to the inputs of one of the NOR gates. The output of that gate becomes
negative composite sync. Run that into both inputs of another NOR gate
and the output of that gate becomes postive composite sync. Connect the
inputs of the other two unused gates to ground and leave their outputs
open. You can draw power for the NOR gates from the joystick port, or a
battery with a 5v regulator or a 5v wal-wart, etc.

IF YOU NEED A SCHEMATIC, LET ME KNOW, I CAN EMAIL IT TO YOU.

ROB