[Coco] Making a new boot disk?

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Thu Mar 22 22:16:02 EDT 2007

Leon Howell wrote:
>>That's not enough information to tell exactly what you did. What is the
>>original boot disk, OS-9 or NitrOS-9?
>

> NitrOS-9 Level 2 Version 03.02.06
>

>>How did you make the changes?
>

> By editing standard.bl in Window Writer.
>

>>When
>>you added the new dd_tc3.dd did that mean the new boot file had two /DD
>>descriptors?
>

> When it crashed the second time, I had used OS9Gen to add everyting, and I
> think it did. That explains the second crash. But the first time it crashed, I
> had used standard.bl again, so it should have worked. I *'ed out the floppy dd
> and typed in the exact filename ..modules/rbf/dd_tc3.dd .
>
> If I had a working dos laptop I could upload the Tandy OS9 level 2 disk images
> and get the config program Tandy included with it. Does anyone have a spare
> Toshiba T1600 laying around? Would config even work with NitrOS-9 anyway?

Assuming what you have done worked correctly, the boot process will load
the kernel from the disk in drive0, then load the OS9Boot file from /d0,
and then expect shell and all other command files to be loaded from the
tc3. That will require a tc3 driver to be in the OS9Boot file. I don't
remember if you said you made that change.

It would help if you posted the information shown on the screen during
the boot process. That is diagnostic and will indicate where the boot
process failed.