[Coco] Making a new boot disk?

Leon Howell puritan_2076 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 12:09:41 EDT 2007

> That's not enough information to tell exactly what you did. What is the
> original boot disk, OS-9 or NitrOS-9?

NitrOS-9 Level 2 Version 03.02.06

> How did you make the changes?

By editing standard.bl in Window Writer.

> When
> you added the new dd_tc3.dd did that mean the new boot file had two /DD
> descriptors?

When it crashed the second time, I had used OS9Gen to add everyting, and I
think it did. That explains the second crash. But the first time it crashed, I
had used standard.bl again, so it should have worked. I *'ed out the floppy dd
and typed in the exact filename ..modules/rbf/dd_tc3.dd .

If I had a working dos laptop I could upload the Tandy OS9 level 2 disk images
and get the config program Tandy included with it. Does anyone have a spare
Toshiba T1600 laying around? Would config even work with NitrOS-9 anyway?