[Coco] [Color Computer] [coco] Off topic... sort of...

Charles Richmond cybercunx at tx.rr.com
Mon Mar 12 11:38:58 EDT 2007

Many folks who live in the country, heat their houses
from a large propane tank buried in the yard. Some of
these folks have propane-powered generators to use when
the electricity is out.

When I was a kid and lived in the country, we lost
electric power almost every time there was a thunder-
storm.

On Mar 11, 2007, at 11:11 PM, George's Coco Address wrote:

> .... Well, mostly off topic... I did mention my coco!
>
> Tonight, we are having a fairly harsh thunderstorm. I lost A/C
> power about
> two hours ago. I've been running my house off an Onan generator since.
>
> It's cool that I can still operate my computers, communicate
> between this XP
> box and the coco and (even still) get online to transfer the files
> to my
> website.
>
> The thing that comes to mind now is that when I set this gen-set
> up, I did
> so in fair weather. I did not consider the conditions that may be
> present
> when the time comes to use the generator.
>
> Trying to fill the fuel tank in the rain is tough. We don't want
> water in
> it, right?
>
> Going outside in the first place is not a fun thing, during a storm. I
> never did build a remote box for it. Therefore, I have to go out
> there to
> start it..
>
> My next project is to build a remote box for the generator so I can
> start
> it from INSIDE the house!
>
> George

|   Charles and Francis Richmond     richmond at plano dot net   |