[Coco] Everything works, but...

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Sat Mar 10 21:39:59 EST 2007

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 20:30:13 -0600, Marcus Vinicius Garrett Chiado
<marcus.chiado at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear friends,
>
> At last my CoCo 3 is fully working with floppies and with DriveWire.
> I've been loading lots of games.
>
> I've got a question though: some games as Thexder, Pac-Man Tribute and
> Gate Crasher seem to show strange colors, like when the TINT control is
> wrongly set, you know. I am not using an RGB monitor...
>
> Is that normal? I've just seen Thexder, for instance, and the colors I
> get with my TV set definetly aren't these:
> http://nitros9.lcurtisboyle.com/thexder.gif
>
> What could be wrong? I get mostly pink and brown instead. WEIRDO!

That would be composite vs. RGB colors. Most games have a way to change
the monitor type, either from a menu or a certain keypress. Pacman and
Gate Crasher I believe have a selection for PAL, NTSC RGB, and NTSC
Composite/TV.
--
L. Curtis Boyle