[Coco] WICO Command Trackball

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Mon Mar 5 12:47:01 EST 2007

Torsten Dittel wrote:
> I just had a quick view inside the CoCo version of the WICO Command
> Trackball. An 8051 type µC is generating the output voltages with
> discrete DACs. Any chance to read out the "firmware" of a Motorola
> SC87152P?

Motorola second sourced an IntEl microcontroller?  Now that's interesting.

I have a universal device programmer that can program and read 8751s in
a 40 pin DIP.  Unfortunately that won't do you any good unless you want
to pull out the chip and send it to me.  And we'd certainly want to
confirm that it would have a compatible pinout.  Also, it is possible
that there is a security fuse in there that will prevent the program
from being read out anyway.

JCE