[Coco] Q: Convert TW64 BIN to PC TXT?

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Mon Mar 5 11:26:22 EST 2007

Torsten Dittel wrote:
> Hi,
> I've some ol' TW64 (Disk Version) BIN files (already on my PC). How can
> I convert those to plain ASCII TXT? To make it more complicated I used
> those CLEAR # "macros" which I defined to get the German characters
> "äöüÄÖÜß" on my FX-85 printer.
> Thanks in advance for your ideas,
> Torsten

Is the problem that you don't have a copy of TW-64 anymore?  Because I'm
pretty sure you can export it to a plain text file from within TW-64,
either on the CoCo or in an emulator.  Not sure how your German
characters would translate to ASCII though.  But if they showed up in
some form, you could likely just grep them to something useful.
[Digging around in the attic for my TW-64 documentation...]

There was a separate I/O utility called S.ASC that allowed plain ASCII
disk file reads and writes.

JCE