[Coco] Q: Convert TW64 BIN to PC TXT?

L. Curtis Boyle curtisboyle at sasktel.net
Mon Mar 5 10:14:40 EST 2007

On Mon, 05 Mar 2007 03:54:36 -0600, Torsten Dittel <Torsten at Dittel.info>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I've some ol' TW64 (Disk Version) BIN files (already on my PC). How can
> I convert those to plain ASCII TXT? To make it more complicated I used
> those CLEAR # "macros" which I defined to get the German characters
> "äöüÄÖÜß" on my FX-85 printer.
> Thanks in advance for your ideas,
> Torsten

If you can get a hold of Bob Van der Poel (who recently did frequent some
of the coco lists), he was very familiar with the Telewriter formats, and
may be able to help you. If not, you may have to try and reverse engineer
them (create a simple set of small documents, each using a different
feature that you need for you main one, save them out, and see how
Telewriter is setting them in the .bin files).

--
L. Curtis Boyle