[Coco] Good news: my CoCo 3 is back to life!

Bruce W. Calkins brucewcalkins at charter.net
Mon Mar 5 11:20:23 EST 2007

Correct, the 26-3029 used the five volt ship set and was hard to
differentiate from the FD-500.  The hard to find original 26-3022 used the
twelve volt plus five volt chip set.  I do have a third party disk
controller that needs the twelve volt line.  I remember a consistent CRC
error whenever I tried it on OS-9.  Now that I know better I may use it in a
CoCo one repack.

Bruce W.

Gents,

Not to put too fine a point on it, but FD-500 controllers will also
work at 5v.  I think it's a very older, specific model number of disk
controller that requires 12v and hence, the MPI.

Boisy