[Coco] Mike Smith

Mannequin* mannslists at invigorated.org
Fri Mar 2 13:44:26 EST 2007

Torsten Dittel wrote:
>>> PS: I'm not living in Missouri but at least in the Rhineland
>> You know much about Hermann, MO and the area, Torsten?
>>
>> My wife and I wanted to live there for a little while because it was
>> just a beautiful and lovely place to live. Problem is, there ain't much
>> in the way of work over there.
>
> Nah, I'm from Rhineland, Germany. I guess the people founding Hermann
> and Rhineland in MO were Germans and came from the German Rhineland
> region too. I heard there has been a lot of viticulture(?) over there,
> like in the Hessen/Rhineland area of Germany.

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. :)

The Germans that moved over there said that the area reminded them a lot
of the Rhineland that they settled there.

Speaking of viticulture, there are quite a few wineries in the area...
One of which used to be the second largest producer of wine in the
United States. But prohibition stopped that from happening, and it never
regained it's place.

Here's a pretty good page for the city and area surrounding.
<http://www.hermannmissouri.com/>

-M.