[Coco] CoCo RS-DOS HD Commands?

theother_bob theother_bob at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 28 09:54:27 EDT 2007

Derek, there is no HD support built into RSDOS. To get a feel for using an HD with an emulator, go to Robert Gault's page (http://home.att.net/~robert.gault/Coco/CoCo_main.htm) and go to Downloads and get RGBDOS for emulators (#10.)

If you are using MESS you will need to use a hex editor to remove the 2 byte header (going from memory here, read Robert's instructions!) RGBDOS is virtually identical to HDB-DOS command-wise, so go to the Cloud-9 website and download the docs for HDB-DOS. Oh, and don't forget to read it! ;-) Let me know if you can't get a working ROM image.

Once you get that working, check out my program Color FOG for disk file management. It's a little limited in what it can do so far, but it's a good way to browse through 255 virtual floppy disks (and real ones) as well as show off the capabilities of Super Extended Color Basic.
http://www.geocities.com/theother_bob/

cheers,
Bob