[Coco] time stamps wasRe: File size from Disk Basic

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 27 20:42:44 EDT 2007

theother_bob wrote:

><snip>
> While we're on the subject, how hard would it be to incorporate timestamps into the HDB-DOS directory? I think ADOS had this capability.
> <snip>

There was not much room left in the RGBDOS ROM and probably less in the
HDB-DOS ROM to add time stamp routines. There is some room left on the
directory entries for a time stamp as long as you don't use EDTASM.

The second 16 bytes of each T17S3-T17S18 name entry is not used by DOS
and left all $00s but that space is used by the EDTASM DOS.

If you added time stamps to the file header, then disk I/O would not be
backwards compatible with DOS1.0 or 1.1.