[Coco] [Color Computer] X10 driver

Ries, Rich (S&FS) Rich.Ries at Honeywell.com
Tue Jun 26 08:26:35 EDT 2007

 Check out ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/technicalnote.pdf -- the Tech
notes for the PL-513 (one-way) and TW-523 (two-way) X-10 interface
modules. Using these /may/ be better than trying to dig up an old RS
CoCo interface.

 Note that X-10 comms is based on the AC zero-crossing, and is set up to
work with three-phase power mains. To me this means the firmware must be
interrupt-driven. I am not too sure that OS-9 works too well with
interrupts other than its own. Perhaps a micro-controller interface
board could be designed to accept X-10 commands from the CoCo, and send
them out to the X-10 interface module.

HTH,
--Rich