[Coco] bye

Jim Cox jimcox at miba51.com
Sun Jun 24 22:55:15 EDT 2007

Daivd:

I am really sorry to see you leave the list, but as one
who has also considered leaving the list because of the
recent crap going on, I can more than understand your
wanting to leave.

Having said that, I would like to ask you to reconsider
leaving the list, because if we allow this crap to drive
us away, then the CoCo community suffers.

While some people feel that letting these "copyright"
thread degrade into a flame war is contructive, I do not
count myself amongst them.  The should not have been
allowed to go on as long has it has.

I have been involved in the online CoCo community since
the mid 90's and I have seen garbage like this drive off a
lot of both established and new CoCo enthusiasts.

I have remained silent too long with regards to this
recent ranting because in the past I was shot down for
speaking up.

I have posted several messages to the list, only to have
them lost in the clutter due to this current ranting.
 This is very discouraging.  I am at a point to where I
can finally start playing with my CoCo again, and this
crap comes along and I can't get a freaking answer from
anyone.

I hope David changes his mind, but if he doesn't I can
understand why.  It's a shame that he is leaving, because
it really hurts this community.

Jim