[Coco] [Color Computer] Ira's Archive (trs-80.com) AvailableFor Download

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com
Sat Jun 23 18:00:23 EDT 2007

At 01:16 PM 6/23/2007 -0700, Hex Star wrote:
>Thank you for your concern regarding content contained on my server, I have
>reviewed the files in question and have determined that the files are
>covered by the following law:
>http://www.archive.org/iathreads/post-view.php?id=82097 and as such have not
>been removed, have a nice day :)

Hoo boy. Play nice. I think we're resolved all this, but please don't try
to "determine" anything. The Internet Archive case is a complicated one,
with limited participants and time frame. You should review the actual
document at:
<http://www.copyright.gov/1201/docs/1201_recommendation.pdf>

I think you'll find this applies to computer programs and other protected
works in which the owner has a lawful original with which tow ork. It does
not apply to texts, photos, or other works outside the scope of the
anti-circumvention rule in the first place. It applies to specific
circumstances as well, not to everyone.

Dennis