[Coco] MPI problem or ...???

Robert Gault robert.gault at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jun 20 22:43:47 EDT 2007

Brian Blake wrote:
> Okay,
>
> Had a little extra time so here's what I got from the PEEK:
>
> 126
> 126
> 64
> 64
> 126
> 126
> 126
> 126
> 126
> 126
>
> I got the same results with and without the MPI plugged in. I think the power supply is the issue. Late last night I woke up and heard a 'humming' sound. After stunbling around for a few minutes, I unplugged the MPI and it went away.
>
> Anybody know if there's a service manual for this unit? It's a 26-3024...
>
> Again, thanks for all the help,
>
> Brian

Looks like the MPI is correctly modified for Coco3 use.

The humming probably is just slightly loose plates in the transformer
and not a problem.

I'd suggest putting a VOM (or scope) on the MPI 5v line and seeing what
happens as you add paks. If there is noise on the line or the voltage
drops, you will have found the problem. If there is no change, more
testing will be required to find the cause of the problem.