[Coco] MPI problem or ...???

Brian Blake random_rodder at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 19 22:40:24 EDT 2007

Okay some more testing done...

I changed around the devices and the slot number the switch is set to and got the same results. Then I took everything except the FD-502 and also plugged Mega_Bug into slot 1, with the switch set to 4, and it booted to DECB 1.1. Turned everyrthing off and put the switch on slot 1 and Mega-Bug started fine. The only pak that seems to allow proper booting is the SS/C.

I opened up the case, and there has been a mod that looks like a PAL upgrade. I did loosen up the transistor, made sure there was no oxidation and re-tightened it. The big cap looks fine, no swelling or leaking visible. I didn't take the board all the way off and check all of thw solder joints, figured I'd do that next weekend. In the mean time, any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help guys,

Brian