[Coco] Warren Hrach & Oceanside BBS

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Sat Jun 16 14:10:43 EDT 2007

On Saturday 16 June 2007, Dean Leiber wrote:
>The other day, I was looking for various OS-9/CoCo related stuff on
>the internet and I thought I'd look up Warren Hrach since I hadn't
>talked to him in a very long time. For those who don't know, warren
>used to run the Oceanside BBS (also a Fido node) in Oceanside Ca.
>Warren was very active in the RIBBS/FIDO community and even
>distributed RIBBS for OS-9 and OSK (yes there was a version for
>OSK!). During the MM/1 days he also sold MM/1 systems on the west
>coast (I bought a system from him) and found him always helpful and
>friendly.  Sadly, I found that warren had passed away in 2005.
>
>WARREN CLARENCE HRACH
>May 22, 1923-March 13, 2005
>
>Warren Clarence Hrach, 81, of San Diego died March 13. He was born in
>Cleveland and was a systems engineer for H.K. Ferguson. He served in
>the Army Air Forces during World War II.
>
>Survivors include his daughters, Virginia Murphy and Mary Murphy of
>San Diego and Patricia Davis of San Clemente; sons, Gregory Hrach of
>San Diego and James Hrach of Columbus, Ohio; and eight grandchildren.

Thanks.  Its always a bit sad when 'one of us' passes.  I recall the name from
a decade plus back but never could afford the LD charges to go wandering
around the BBS's of the day.  Now of course we have the freedom plan, but I
can recall one months LD bill just to get to a delphi access point running
over 100$.  Now I don't even have a modem, and the serial ports are busy
running heyu and such.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)