[Coco] Using my Coco on VGA monitor alternative?

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Fri Jul 27 10:42:28 EDT 2007

From: Phill Harvey-Smith <afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk>
> wdg3rd at comcast.net wrote:
> > Should work no problem. Plan to try it soon with the Hauppauge PVR-150
> > I bought last Friday, once I've got the bugs worked out on dumping a
> > few thousand hours of videotape to disk on one of my Linux boxen. The
> > Coco 1/2/3s I've plugged into the televisions through VCRs for years,
> > but this tuner card does have a composite jack.
> >
> If it's anything like the Hauppauge PVR-250 (I think that's the one I
> have, it has onboard mpeg2 encoding), then that won't be suitable
> because there is a noticable delay between the input at the card and the
> output on the screen. This delay doesn't matter when watching TV on the
> card, but matters when typing, because the characters appear on the
> screen lagging behind when you hit the keys, it's like the old days on a
> slow modem connection :( This would of course make playing games on such
> a setup almost impossible.

When just watching, seems to be no delay.  Delay for buffering and encoding kicks in when recording.  I suspect keystrokes will transfer immediately as I am not going to try recording a(nother) failure at Dungeons of Daggorath.  I'll know after the weekend unless La Esposa drags me down to the Balloon Festival.
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Well, if you're gonna buy a ticket on the Titanic, you might as well go First Class.

Captain Audie Murphy, Texas Ranger, in _Roswell, Texas_ by L. Neil Smith, Rex May and Scott Bieser.
http://www.bigheadpress.com/roswell/