[Coco] Using my Coco on VGA monitor alternative?

wdg3rd at comcast.net wdg3rd at comcast.net
Thu Jul 26 16:25:51 EDT 2007

From: Derek <dml_68 at yahoo.com>
> This is a sort of follow-up question on my inquiry last week to getting a CoCo 3
> to run on my VGA monitor.  Many of you directed me to a fella here who makes a
> switch box but there is a waiting list right now and it maybe more than I can
> spend right now.
>
> Is there any reason why I could not used a TV tuner PCI card in my Windows
> system and run to the Composite or RF inputs on the card? I know it will be
> lower quality than the native Coco 3's RGB output but it's an alternative that
> would allow me to get to my goal of using my VGA monitor with my CoCo (as well
> as my Apple 2, C-64 & Atari 800 via switch box selector hooked to the card.)

Should work no problem.  Plan to try it soon with the Hauppauge PVR-150 I bought last Friday, once I've got the bugs worked out on dumping a few thousand hours of videotape to disk on one of my Linux boxen.  The Coco 1/2/3s I've plugged into the televisions through VCRs for years, but this tuner card does have a composite jack.

Probably give it a shot this weekend, weather permitting.  (i.e., rain, so I don't have to work on the lawn -- what's wrong with the natural look anyway?
Ward Griffiths    wdg3rd at comcast.net

Well, if you're gonna buy a ticket on the Titanic, you might as well go First Class.

Captain Audie Murphy, Texas Ranger, in _Roswell, Texas_ by L. Neil Smith, Rex May and Scott Bieser.
http://www.bigheadpress.com/roswell/