[Coco] CoCo 3 FPGA?

Becker, Gary Gary.Becker at amd.com
Thu Jul 26 12:11:59 EDT 2007

So many questions, so little time.

Here is a link to the new page.

www.geocities.com/gary_L_becker/coco3fpga.html

Sorry for the quality of the pictures, but that was the best I could do
in this amount of time. I believe most of the questions are answered on
this page. But feel free to ask additional questions.

One thread has suggested emulating the floppy hardware. I am not doing
this. Since my main focus is on NitrOS-9, I just needed a way to read
and write images. I did dual floppy hardware emulation for an Apple IIe
project and maybe in the future I will get around to the same for the
CoCo3FPGA. How much software actually talks directly to the floppy
controller? Any software that uses routines in the Disk BASIC ROMs
should work.

If anyone wants do try this out, the FPGA demo board is available for
approximately $150. I would like to port to other boards also, so send
me any preferences.

www.digilentinc.com.

Gary