[Coco] Fedora Core 6 on a M305CRV Gateway laptop

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Tue Jul 24 16:04:44 EDT 2007

At 02:22 PM 7/24/2007, you wrote:

>>>FWIW, I've had good luck with an unsupported Linksys card under Fedora
>>>using ndiswrapper.
>>Most linksys cards are using the Atheros chipset, and that is
>>supported by native linux drivers quite well.  Its the broadcom
>>radio corp chipsets that are the bad boys.
>
>I happen to have a broadcom stuck in this Dell of mine. Good thing
>there is an ndiswrapper... :)
>
>Speaking of Linksys, I just put one in to my wife's computer. Had to
>ndiswrapper that one as well.
>
>Both computers running Ubuntu, although she's not upgraded to Feisty... Yet!

Ok, I think this is the page showing all of the compatible devices,
with links to the Windows drivers.  I also need to learn how to
actually get ndiswrapper to do what it's supposed to do without me
having to compile anything myself or rebuild the kernel. :)

http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/joomla/index.php?/component/option,com_openwiki/Itemid,33/id,list_b/

Many to the rescue again?  :)

--
Roger Taylor