[Coco] CCASM for Linux - and remote desktop

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Mon Jul 23 21:33:10 EDT 2007

Ok, your answer so far looks like the most straight-forward and
helpful.  But once I start the proftpd service, either manually or
using chkconfig for doing it at startup, where do I configure the
server (like pointing it at a root directory, etc.)?  So far I can't
connect using WS_FTP95 from Windows.  In other words, the FTP
connection fails, and I'm using the standard Linux server compatible
settings, and using my root name and password to login.  At this time
I don't want to get into Samba if I can help it, but the
drag-and-drop file transfer tools I read about sounds tempting,
especially since tightvnc for Windows has my File Transfer button
grayed out.  How odd is that?  Everything works but that button.  Sheeesh. :)

Roger Taylor