[Coco] CCASM for Linux - and remote desktop

John W. Linville linville at tuxdriver.com
Mon Jul 23 10:20:38 EDT 2007

On Mon, Jul 23, 2007 at 09:55:47AM +0100, Manny wrote:
> Roger Taylor wrote:

> >Manny, I've been sitting here an hour trying to find any built-in ftp
> >servers in the Fedora Core 6 distro I have.  Why in the world these
> >tools are not in the start menus is way beyond me.  That's my big pet
> >peeve right now, how Red Hat 6 had so much in the menus, but FC appears
> >to have trimmed a lot out.
>
> Would anyone that runs Fedora be able to help out here? I would like to
> see him run ProFTPd. I'm sure there is a package for it because I used
> to run it when I ran RedHat 6.x.

Try 'yum install proftpd'?  I doubt if it is installed by default
-- the 'everything' install disappeared a while back, over many
objections...

Too bad you are using gnome -- the kde browser supports "smb://" urls.
So you could just share a directory on the windows box and on the
linux side you could open konqueror and access

	smb://Roger's Windows Box/ccasm development/linux

or whatever.  But, I digress...

> If worse comes to worse, you can always find an FTP solution for your
> Windows box, and have the Linux box login to it's FTP server.

Wow...this just seems so wrong... :-)

John
--
John W. Linville