[Coco] TRS-80 Tandy Color Computer CoCo 3 RGB Video Cable

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Mon Jul 23 03:16:42 EDT 2007

On Sunday 22 July 2007, Steve Ostrom wrote:
>Sorry, Derek, your "grrr" would be directed toward me, but I'd be more than
>happy to send the cable to anyone who would be willing to reverse engineer
>it, if possible.  Maybe Mark Marlett would be interested, but he might have
>a similar cable he sells from Cloud-9.  Let me know if anyone would like to
>borrow this cable for awhile.
>
>-- Steve --

One of the things I recall was that for the amiga, there was a ttl buffer chip
actually hidden in the db23 (thats right, its not a db25) connector at the
computer end of the cable.  It buffered the sync signals cuz if the amiga's
agnus chip saw all 5 of those 75 ohm loads, it would shut itself down.  More
than 1 amiga 2000 shipped with a genlock card in it for video cuz folks
thought that was the only way to get video out of one.

IIRC there was a similar rigging with buffering in a cable I once used with a
coco3 to drive a multisync with, but no idea where it got off to now.  I
faintly recall the multisync needed a 6 pin din connector.  Or was it the
8CM515, I can't recall for sure now, so I think I'll go back to bed....

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)