[Coco] CoCo Tray - Was: Using Velcro to secure CoCo and MPI

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Sun Jul 22 08:27:31 EDT 2007

On 21 Jul 2007 at 22:15, Jim Cox wrote:

> The basic idea is for the tray to act like a clamp no the
> sides of the CoCo and MPI.  I still need to figure out
> what type of wood I should use though.

*****************

Jim

With the white color of the Coco3 and the MPI may I su ggest a darker
wood. OPtions are to use a cheap wood like Pine or something like t hat and
stain it to a darker color. Personally I would t hink  of using a more exotic
tropical wood. Walnut will give you a very dark brownish color while Paduak
will give you a a bright orange/brown color.

Search the net for hardwoods and find something that will appeal to your
liking. There is a bunch ou tthere and a good wood will accent the nicely. I
do some hobby work with wood and a couple of my favorite woods are
Purpleheart, Paduak, and Bubinga. May I even suggest Cocobolo.

james