[Coco] Let's just ignore Hexstar (aka John Musbach)

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Sat Jul 21 03:20:18 EDT 2007

I am very hurt by your labeling me as a troll. I am not attempting to be a
troll and do not know why you are labeling me as such. It is not my choice
or intention to get so many replies to my posts, that is the choice of
others who make such posts and is not controllable by me. I make my posts
for the love of the vintage computing hobby, not as a attempt to troll. I
couldn't stand trolling a vintage computing related list or forum because I
would never want to hurt such an effort to the bring the community together.
I honestly do not know why what are supposed to be good intentions are being
seen as bad and labeled as trolling, especially since the posts aren't even
of the nature of a trolling post. People are simply labeling me as a troll
because of the amount of replies my posts are getting which I again do not
intend to have happen. I fully do not intend to get so much attention that
other threads but much more reputable members are ignored. I do not like
this much attention and am not trying to get it. I try and collect and save
files for the community so that they are preserved longer and thus this
hobby stays alive longer and instead I get labeled as a troll and a person
to ignore.

This happened chiefly because of the Ira incident and the fact that people
now seem to automatically assume I intend to violate copyright law even
though that is absolutely not the case. When people offlist tell me what
files not to host of theirs I obey them promptly, do a full search on my
server and remove any copies of the file(s) that may be on my server
immediately. I am very hurt by the fact that people are--without giving me a
chance to speak on the matter--automatically assuming I will put up their
work on my server against their wishes and wish that people would see that
my anti copyright infringement stance is honest. If I do infringe on
copyright on my server it is not done purposefully but done because of the
fact that I am new to this part of the vintage computing community and thus
don't know the copyrights of some files and the wishes of the files
copyright owner. Please stop mistaking me for a troll and a purposeful
copyright infringer as that is so far from the truth that it is appalling.
What happened on the cctalk list was also due to a vast misunderstanding of
what I posted and I really wish to prevent that from happening here. I am
doing my best to clarify my intentions and can only hope that people will
listen to me and see that what I am saying is honest. I mean no harm and am
very upset that I am causing so much trouble in the community, it is obvious
that people here love to voice their opinions but I ask that they give me a
chance to state my stance on a issue regarding something I say before making
an assumption as there are many wrong assumptions that are mistakingly made
about my posts. It is obvious that what I read is read in many different
ways with each member on this list and other lists as well and thus there is
no way for me to be able to tell how my posts will be reacted to until they
are posted to the list. I will try to be more clear for now on and really
wish that this confusion will halt as it is only causing destruction. Please
everyone, please let me clarify on issues like these before making wrong
assumptions as making wrong assumptions clearly does nobody any good and
instead simply harms the list. I mean no harm and greatly apologize for the
continued misunderstandings, it is very clear to me that I am not being
clear enough with my intentions and apologize for that.