[Coco] thingy finds an unencrypted network

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Mon Jul 16 02:51:01 EDT 2007

Stephen H. Fischer wrote:
>> (To my surprise when I booted it the wireless network thingy finds an
>> unencrypted network to connect to?)
> Do not be surprised. Twice I have activated my computer with MS before I
> could configure my Private Wireless network. (Four Computers and growing)
>
> If you want to have some fun, download "Netstumbler" and drive around.
>
> Most people are clue less.
Just be carefull if you are going to do this, someone was recently
prosicuted in the UK for unauthorised access to someone's wireless
network. Mind the person in question, was sitting outside the house of
the person who's network he was accessing for several hours at a stretch.

Remember just because you can access it doen't make it right (or leagal)
to do so.

I have to admit I tend to turn off my wireless access point when I'm not
actually using it....even though it's secured, I think it doen't harm me
to be carefull.....

Cheers,

Phill.