[Coco] Hex Star... here we go again.

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Sun Jul 15 00:01:16 EDT 2007

At 08:15 PM 7/14/2007, you wrote:

>In addition I am fully willing to respect the wishes of anyone who is the
>original creator and thus copyright owner of one or more files on my server
>such that if said owner wants any of his files that are on my server removed
>I will be more then happy to do so. Just email me offlist with the location
>of the file(s) and the filename(s) and the reason for requesting removal of
>the file(s) and I will remove the file(s) promptly from public access.

That's the part that makes my chin itch.  :)  You'd require people to
find you and come to you to request that you locate and remove the
said files, which is why I made the statement about the CoCo TV video
disc, in case you were planning to add extracts from it.  Also, the
owner of the CoCoNutz newsletter/e-zine may have concerns as well
about the distribution of those items outside of the agreed places on
the web from which they are being offered at this time.  I have a
major concern about 3 goofy adult animations which I ported from the
IBM back in the 90's which I do not ever want to be distributed on
the web, and as far as I know, with fingers crossed, they are not
posted anywhere.  Ofcourse, they probably exist onthe CoCo Collection
CD, which you seem to want to add blindly to your archive, no?

I'd research each and every file you obtain and not automatically
assume that since you had access to it that it's free to distribute
elsewhere.  Ofcourse, with the web being wide open like this, the
world is not a safe place anymore, so everything seems to be up for
grabs these days.

--
Roger Taylor