[Coco] Hex Star... here we go again.

Hex Star hexstar at gmail.com
Sat Jul 14 18:58:14 EDT 2007

On 7/14/07, Rogelio Perea <os9dude at gmail.com> wrote:

> <ranting..>

I am very sorry that you do not appreciate my services. However there are
many more people who do appreciate my services and actively use them. It is
quite important that one or more people take on the task of mirroring this
software as I am doing as otherwise there is the possibility of a single
point of failure, and if there's a single point of failure that means that
at any time the files in question could simply disappear and greatly harm
the community. While some people may unfortunately dislike what I am doing
there are many more who do enjoy my services and thus I plan to continue on
as despite a few people much of the community is benefiting from my service.
My servers purpose will only get more important and critical as time goes on
and the vintage computing files become increasingly harder to locate
threatening the vintage computing hobby's durability. I am aware that the
Ira archive issue was very controversial and has obviously lost the respect
of some members of the community but as time passes I have no doubt that
everyone will eventually learn to appreciate the services people like me
offer and it is my hope that more people will join with me on the mission of
mirroring all the files encompassed by the vintage computing era so that
there will be a continually decreasing chance that the files will ever
disappear.

In case you haven't already, you may find it useful to read my server's
mission statement either via the welcome message shown after logging into
the server or via the server's website at http://vintage.tsfsc.com.