[Coco] muscles

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Fri Jul 6 15:47:04 EDT 2007

At 07:07 PM 7/5/2007, you wrote:
>Roger,
>
>  On two occasions I've had to use crutches. Both times, I had the
> same problem with wet surfaces. The biggest problem is the rubber
> tips and the way they are cupped. They trap air and water and cause
> them to hydroplane. I cut a deep slot on each of them to allow the
> air and water to escape so the rubber can keep contact with the floor.
>  Check to see if they are concave/cupped. If they are, cut that
> slot. You'll find they will be a lot safer.
>
>George

I think you're exactly right with the hydroplaning.  Yes, the boots
are cupped but you'd expect a suction cup effect instead of a glide
to death effect.  Also, the only person who has held a door in the
past 3 days was a lady today at the post office, followed by "be
extra careful!" which was the most polite so far in 3 days.  I think
everybody should pretend to have a broke leg or foot at least once in
their life and do as much shopping and errands as they can to see
just how people behave around them.  It's kinda funny.

--
Roger Taylor