[Coco] next question :)

Bob Devries devries.bob at gmail.com
Thu Jul 5 22:17:37 EDT 2007

Guillaume said:
> copy /b part1.cas+part2.cas game.cas

Hooray! That's what I was looking for. Works great, too.

With due respect to Robert Gault, his ideas will not work unless 2 things
are true: (1) the original cassette is readable without problems, *and* (2)
there is no less than 5 seconds gap between files. Jeff Vavasour's CASIN.EXE
quits after 5 seconds of silence after the file.

The tapes I'm working with are *old*, and have sever dropouts. The only way
I can get them to load is by fudging the system, by manipulating the system
variable at $8F. This is the 1200/2400 hertz partition, and is set to $12 by
default. Increasing it to $14 means that I can load the files without the
dreaded I/O ERROR.

the capacity to be his spokesman,
so that I know how to help the weary.