[Coco] muscles

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Thu Jul 5 19:26:51 EDT 2007

At 05:53 PM 7/5/2007, you wrote:
>At 05:49 PM 7/5/2007 -0500, Roger Taylor wrote:
> >Dennis maintains this particular list
> >and is the muscle behind it.
>
>First time I've ever been accused of having muscle. Ooo, better tell me
>wife...
>
>Dennis

Haha.  Speaking of muscle.  My arms are killing me!

Let me explain.

Tuesday at work a 90+lb solid steel cylinder fell from the conveyor
belt at work (UPS) and landed on my FOOT, breaking two bones clean in
half.  That is, two of the long bones that connect between the toes
and center/back of the foot.  People 100 feet away heard the impact
and a few bystanders heard the "crunch" I felt when I tried to take a
few steps to test the foot.  Several attempts at walking resulted in
tears.  They took me straight to the ole doc, did x-rays, etc.  I
have to have surgery.  They're going to put pins in there.

So, I'm on crutches and probably will be for 6-8 weeks?  With my
fingers crossed, hopefully I'll recover fully.  Does the foot
hurt?  Absolutely, when I bump it or accidentally step on it when I
slip using the crutches!  It's been raining in Texas for weeks and
weeks and there's nowhere I can go safely without the risk of the
crutches slipping.  I slipped 3 times today and almost cried when my
left foot hit the ground trying to catch my balance.

Why do my arms hurt, too?  The crutches.  :)  Never broke any bones
or had to use these things, and even though my arms are strong, you
find out you've got "crutches muscles" you never knew you had, which
are being developed now.  Ouch.  Whaaaaaaaa, somebody come take me away!  :)

--
Roger Taylor