[Coco] commodore 1080 monitor

mike delyea mdelyea at gmail.com
Thu Jul 26 17:55:35 EDT 2007

I picked up a 1080 monitor for next to nothing.  Composite video works but I
can't seem to get the RGB working.  I made a cable using pinouts for the
monitor I found on the net.  I found 2 pinouts, neither seem to work.  I
wasn't able to find a specific pinout for the 1080, but found 2 for then
1084.  People say they are functionally the same from what I've read.
Connector is 9 pin D type.

Pin  Description
1     Green Video
2     Horizontal Sync
3     Ground
4     Red Video
5     Blue Video
6     Vertical Sync

Results in green diagonal lines

Pin     Name         Analog Mode         Digital Mode
1     GND             Ground                 Ground
2     GND             Ground                 Ground
3     R                  Red                      Red
4     G                 Green                   Green
5     B                 Blue                      Blue
6     I                   not used                Intensity
7     CSYNC        Composite Sync     not used
8     HSYNC         not used               Horizontal Sync
9     VSYNC         not used               Vertical Sync

Results in red diagonal lines.  I used the analog pinout, but since the
coco3 doesn't have composite sync I used the hsync and vsync (pins 8 and
9).  I checked all the connections with a multimeter and they are OK.
Suggestions?