[Coco] Coco Digest, Vol 48, Issue 39

Paul Fitch pfitchjr at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 23 14:37:06 EDT 2007

> Message: 13
> Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 12:06:57 -0400
> From: Stephen Castello <zootzoot at cfl.rr.com>
> Subject: Re: [Coco] xmodem padding
> To: CoCoList for Color Computer Enthusiasts <coco at maltedmedia.com>
>
> On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:22:36 -0400, "Paul Fitch"
> <pfitchjr at bellsouth.net> had a flock of green cheek conures squawk
> out:
>
> >Is there an OS9/6809/6309 tool to strip off the extra
> padding that gets
> >stuck to the ends executable files?
>
> Other than doing:
> load filename
> save filename
>
> I don't know of any.
>
> Stephen
> --

Stephen, thanks.  I forgot all about that.

FYI, once again I was not very explicit in my question.  The problem I'm
having is from some OS9 files obtained from the RTSI site.  Now all of these
files are zipped, AR'd, lha'd, etc...  But, some of the executables have
padding on them which makes them drop errors when they are used.

Robert, I actually did try Ded first, but was unsure how to determine where
the file was actually supposed to end.