[Coco] A note of caution on Velcro (CoCo/MPI)

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Sat Jul 21 22:35:12 EDT 2007

I like the idea, but I wanted to throw this out - just a personal
experience.

I have an old Audiovox "mini-CB" (40 channels), and I wanted to mount it
in my pickup, but I didn't want to drill holes for the brackets, and I
wanted it removable. I also didn't want it falling off the dash. So, I
thought I would use the real powerful velcro.

I don't know what kind it was - but it is really stiff hooks/loops.

I stuck it to the case of the CB and to the dash.

Many months later I decided to remove the CB. This stuff was powerful. I
ended up having to pry it slowly and carefully - because it was lifting
the dash vinyl and also bowing the case of the CB (thin sheet metal).

I guess what I am getting at is "be careful with it" between the CoCo
and the MPI - you may never get them apart! Or - if you do attempt to
get them apart, the plastic (with its age, etc) - may not be able to
take the strain, and crack or something equally bad.

-- Andrew L. Ayers
    Glendale, Arizona