[Coco] Read: Mandatory Chill Time Now in Effect

Dennis Bathory-Kitsz dennis-ix at maltedmedia.com
Sun Jul 15 06:56:24 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I woke up to a basket full of unpleasant personal messages to the list, and
several off-list to me.

There are more than 250 members of this list, and only a few involved in
this file-sharing argument that is rapidly devolving. It's sucking
bandwidth and brain cells, and I have few enough of the latter to lose.

Please take this discussion off-list immediately. It has already been
covered intelligently. If you have questions, search the list archive (info
is in the headers). If you have problems with file hoarding and there are
any rights questions, you know your options already.

If you're about to press return, don't. Most of you are old enough to know
not to feed the trolls.

In four years, I've never been asked to step in as administrator. I don't
like it, but I'm invoking my newly-minted mandatory chill time rule,
beginning fifteen minutes after this message's time stamp. The argument is
closed until August 1. Violators will be subject to the comfy chair and the
soft cushions, not to mention a two-week suspension from the list.

Dennis