[Coco] Checking/Testing a 68B09P (Joel Ewy)

Andrew keeper63 at cox.net
Tue Jul 3 10:58:52 EDT 2007

All:

I have decided to send the lot of the CPUs to Mr. Cooper for his
Vectrex. He seems pretty certain that they will work for it. I double
checked the spec sheet on the clock - and noticed the whole EXTAL/XTAL
thing for feeding a clock signal in. I started speculating in that
direction as well, but it seemed that it was more work than it was worth.

Both of my CoCo's have processors that work just fine - and I have a
6309 waiting in the wings for my CoCo 3 at a later point (need to get
the buffer/protection board from Cloud-9 at a later point - probably
when the SuperIDE board is released). I was just hoping to have a spare
CPU for my regular CoCo (even though it works OK last I checked).

Even so, the idea of getting one of these to work in a regular CoCo is
intriguing, though it seems like a ton of work for a project with
marginal benefits outside of proving it can be done. I have too many
other projects to take on another, though.

Thank you everyone for the information!

-- Andrew