[Coco] Microsoft files for patent on "modular operating system"

jdaggett at gate.net jdaggett at gate.net
Tue Jan 30 19:08:54 EST 2007

Gene

I believe the first pass of OS9 for the 6809 was out around 1980 time frame or
earlier. The copyright info for Basic09 reads as foillows:

		BASIC09
      RS VERSION 01.00.01
COPYRIGHT 1980 BY MOTOROLA INC.
  AND MICROWARE SYSTEMS CORP.
   REPRODUCED UNDER LICENSE
       TO TANDY CORP.
    ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

Also Motorola had 6809 based Exorcisor computers out around 1979/80 time
frame. If my memory serves me correct, OS9 was developed by Microware with
Motorola as the customer that drove the development for the 6809 processor. By
1982 it was ported to several 6809 based computers.

james