[Coco] Orchestra 90CC

Joel Ewy jcewy at swbell.net
Sun Jan 28 09:08:44 EST 2007

Marcus Vinicius Garrett Chiado wrote:
> How many games actually use Orchestra 90? More than 10?
>
> I haven't found any on eBay...
>
> :-(

It looks like very few use Orch-90.  More use the SSC.  I quote myself
below:

"According to L. Curtis Boyle's games list, John R. Strong still sells
two games for $15 each that support the Orchestra-90 CC: Soviet Bloc,
which is a Tetris clone, and Gems, which looks like a game called
JewelBox that I've played in Linux.

It looks like Ghana Bwana, Adventure In Mythology, Lansford Mansion, Gantlet, The Interbank Incident, Gold Runner II, and Martian Crypt support the SSC if present."

The Orch-90 is used more for music.

>><Joel Ewy>
>> I think maybe there is a program that
>> will play WAV files through the Orch-90 in OS-9.  Am I right about any
>> of this?

><L. Curtis Boyle>
>    Yes. I made a version of the PLAY command for OS-9/Nitros9 that could
>play 8 bit Mac, 8 bit Amiga, 8/16 bit uncompressed WAV, and 8/16 bit u-Law
>compressed/uncompressed Unix sound files.

JCE