[Coco] CC-Five (was Re: Pseudo CoCo4???) (LONG)

Mark McDougall msmcdoug at iinet.net.au
Sat Jan 27 08:16:29 EST 2007

Joel Ewy wrote:

> Have any idea about what percentage of likely FPGA
> candidates would be consumed by something like an off-the-shelf PIC core?

No idea, sorry. But the T80 (Z80) core takes 2302 LEs in a Altera Cyclone II
EP2C35, which is 6.9%. John's CPU09 (6809) core takes 2599 LEs, about 7.8%.

The EP2C35 is a moderately-sized FPGA. High-end Stratix devices have up to
132,000 LEs - a 6809 would take about 2% of the device. You may argue that
no hobbyist could afford such a device - and that's true - today!

I'd still like to have a crack at the TI 4-bit micro... the difficult part
is verifying the implementation...

Regards,