[Coco] [Color Computer] Older site.

Dan Olson dano at agora.rdrop.com
Thu Jan 25 23:13:08 EST 2007

> I got a 1.5M RAM upgrade (w/RTC) for my A1000 (the Insider II), bringing
> the total up to 2M.  That gave me enough RAM to keep some utilities in
> the RAM disk, which was crucial because I only had a single floppy.  I
> remember hooking up to Delphi at $1/hr using a 2400bps modem on the
> A1000.  Then I'd use 720K DOS floppies to transfer downloaded files from
> the Amiga to the CoCo 3.  2M still seemed like a lot of memory to me in
> 1990.

In 1990 that *was* a lot, our family had a stock 1040ST back then and it
wasn't all that old.  I've been thinking of a memory upgrade for it, one
of my 500s is new enough that I was able to add RAM to the board, but
otherwise lack any expansion.  I currently use a 500 from time to time at
9600 baud as a terminal on my Linux machine :)  Is there an Amiga utility
for reading/writing CoCo disks?  I've always thought it'd be neat to hook
a 5.25" drive to the Amiga as well, but other that file transfers, it
doesn't seem useful....

 	Dan