[Coco] Rainbow IDE 2.0 gains URL import feature

Roger Taylor operator at coco3.com
Wed Jan 24 22:14:09 EST 2007

Hello gang,

I am proud to announce that the Rainbow IDE 2.0 (unreleased yet) now
supports URL importing for any file in your project, just by
specifying the server directory/folder for that filename in the left sidebar.

There is a new field you can type in for each file, called URL: _______________

If there is an http:// address there, the next time you open the
project the file will be loaded from that URL, such as:

filename: test.asm

This easily allows the URL feature to be turned off by either
deleting the URL path, or letting the IDE clear it out by clicking on
the "Make Local" feature.  Since the file has already been imported
at least once (hopefully), there is a copy in your work directory by
the filename "test.asm" anyway.

I have spent two hours working on this feature and have done a few
tests to prove it works rather well.  However, the editor window
needs to be put in Read-Only mode so you won't think you're editing
your local copy.  I could clear out the URL automatically once you DO
edit the local copy of the source file, but then you'd have to type
in the URL again if you screwed the file up, and you might not
remember it, etc.

This is getting F U N !!