[Coco] Tano Dragon on ebay

Phill Harvey-Smith afra at aurigae.demon.co.uk
Fri Jan 19 13:46:04 EST 2007

Benoit Bleau wrote:
> Phil,

Phill :)

>     Since you're the Dragon expert,  I've got a few questions for you :)

No probs :)

>     Can I use a coco disk controller in the Dragon?  I would assume that
> I need to program another eprom for it though...

Yeah, you'll need a copy of the superdos ported to the CoCo controler,
if you search around for the mess romset for the Tano, it's in there :)
Failing that drop me a private email and I'll send you a copy.

>     If I can do that, will Nitros9 work on it? I've seen a distibution
> for the Dragon on the Nitros9.org site, but would it work
>     with a coco controller?

The standard Dragon distribution won't work, as this is designed to work
with the DragonDos controler, however, support is in the Nitros source
for this configuration (Dragon + RS-DOS), so if you get the source and
build from that then you can build a Tano boot disk.

Cheers.

Phill.