[Coco] [Color Computer] Re: [coco] HD backups

david_g21120 david_g21120 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 6 08:59:06 EST 2007

--- In ColorComputer at yahoogroups.com, "George's Coco Address"
<yahoo at ...> wrote:

>   I looked around on RTSI for a backup utility under OS9. The only
I have
> found, copies the whole drive.
>
>  Is there a backup utility that will only backup the most recent
and
> recently updated files? As any coco HD user knows, backing up the
entire
> drive takes many hours. At least, on MY drive it takes about
thirteen hours.

>  Since I got the external case and PS from Frank Swygert(thanks,
Frank!) I
> now have my 2nd drive working again and need to do a backup.
>
> George

There is a utility called bak that will make recursive backups of
directories (or complete hard drives) to floppy's or another hard
drive (but it doesn't compress them) it was written in 1991 by Kieth
Alphanso, and sold through CoCoPro
Usage: bak <sourcedir> <destinationdir> -r

The program requires makdir and copy to be in memory or in your
execution directory. If you can't find it, let me know I have a copy.
it works with OS-9 ver 1.00.00 and newer, it also works under all
versions of NitrOS-9.

Hope this helps.