[Coco] Yet another SCSI problem.

Kevin Diggs kevdig at hypersurf.com
Thu Jan 4 19:00:42 EST 2007

Mark Marlette wrote:
> Leon,
>
> I disagree. ID0 will jumper two pins. Never seen one that didn't.
>
> Mark

??? Huh? what? ALL of the SCSI critters I have use id jumpers that are
powers of 2 (i.e. 2^2, 2^1, 2^0; weights of 4, 2, and 1). To get 0 you
would jumper none of them; 0 x 2^2 + 0 x 2^1 + 0 x 2^0 is 0. (I don't
get to use ';' very often; did I do it right?)

> Quoting Leon Howell <puritan_2076 at yahoo.com>:
>

>>I'm pretty shure drive 0 is no jumper, but I'll check again.
>>

>>>Another item that might apply is the power supply in the old case.

I just recently did battle with a DDS2 tape drive I got on eBay. It
worked fine when I remembered that the SCSI output drivers on a cardbus
APM-1480 require term power to power them. A tape drive bought on eBay
that works!

					kevin