[Coco] [Color Computer] 128 or 512?

Richard Atkinson rga24 at cantab.net
Wed Jan 3 05:25:04 EST 2007

In my view, games that are 128K compatible but which detect 512K and have
enhancements for 512K are best. That way 128K users get to play and they
have an incentive to upgrade to 512K whenever possible.

Admittedly this means the extra 384K would be more likely to be used for
'novelty' extra features rather than core game programming. It could be used
for cutting down on loading times for multiload games, but that wouldn't
really encourage people to upgrade.

What can be done in 512K games-wise that can't be done in 128K? I still
think of 128K as a large amount of memory for an eight bit computer...

Richard