[Coco] Yet another SCSI problem.

Mark Marlette mark at cloud9tech.com
Tue Jan 2 14:44:12 EST 2007

Leon,

Please provide more information.

What interface, what software are you using?

SCSI is reliable. Termination? IDs set proper?

A simple test for drive selection is to poke the data register of your
SCSI interface with the bit weight of the SCSI's ID you are trying
address.

In the TC^3 it would be this....

POKE &HFF74,1     'this is for SCSI ID 0 test
POKE &HFF75,0     'send out to the drive

At this point the drive light should come on and stay on. If not then
you don't have the proper drive selected. SCSI ID 1 = 2, 2=4, 3=8,
4=16, etc.....

If the drive responds via the light, you will have to reset the
bus(RESET) to get it to deselect. Test complete.......Can't get much
simpler. :)

Regards,

Mark